The NJ TRANSIT Defined Contribution Plans provide you with the ability to build a significant tax-deferred savings program and expand the opportunities available to you upon retirement or severance of employment. Working with other retirement income sources you may have, such as personal savings, Social Security benefits or Railroad Retirement benefits, your NJ TRANSIT Defined Contribution Plans can help you get on track to a more secure retirement.
Features and Benefits of the NJ TRANSIT Defined Contribution Plans
To help you begin to visualize your life in retirement, please consider the following questions.
savings. With before-tax saving, your contributions
can grow without being reduced by current federal
That means you will have more money in your pocket at the end of each pay period than if you were saving the same amount with after-tax dollars.
and easy enrollment. You can enroll online
or by filling out the forms included in the Retirement
Planning and Enrollment Guide.
automatic payroll deductions. Any contribution
that you make to your NJ TRANSIT Defined Contribution
Plans is automatically deducted from each paycheck
before you even see it. You'll be investing on a regular
basis and following a great saving principle: pay
- Convenient account management. Detailed plan and account information is available online or by calling KeyTalk® at (800) 25-GO-NJT (800-254-6658). More information on these services can be found in the Plan Features and Highlights brochure.
Investment Services and Support Tools
- Managed Account. If you want a professional to manage your retirement
account, this option might be for you. It goes beyond
advice and asset allocation funds—it provides
ongoing professional asset management at the individual
- Specific Fund Choices. If you are a very involved investor and want to manage
your retirement account yourself, these specific fund
choices may be for you. For more information about
your investment options, please refer to the Investment
Option section in the Plan Features and Highlights
Brochure, or go online and click on "Fund Options"
under the "My Account" tab.
- Online Investment Guidance. If you would like some guidance with what asset allocation
is applicable for your personal situation, this option
might be for you. It's objective, personal,
confidential and is easy to use.
- Online Investment Advice. If you would like to manage your retirement account
yourself and receive fund specific information, this
option could be for you. You'll receive specific
investment recommendations that you can implement.
- Self-Directed Brokerage Account. If you're an experienced investor who is very comfortable managing your own account and making your own decisions, you might want the flexibility of a self-directed brokerage account offered by TD AMERITRADE. This option allows you to invest in funds beyond those offered in the NJ TRANSIT Defined Contribution Plans.
All of the above investment services and support tools offer you a retirement planning solution to fit your individual needs. Whether you're an involved, knowledgeable investor who seeks online guidance in managing your own retirement plan account or someone who prefers professional asset management, there's a retirement planning solution that may be right for you.